DEPARTMENT OF SECRETARYSHIP AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
The Secretaryship and Management Studies Department of Koforidua Technical University has been in existence for seven years. The department runs Bachelor of Technology in Secretaryship and Management Studies and Higher National Diploma in Secretaryship and Management Studies for Morning, Evening and Weekend Sessions. An ultra-modern computer Laboratory has been provided to give simulations of the work environment and for practical training.
Training individuals to become Top-class Professional, Administrators and Secretaries with the zeal for continuous improvement for organizational effectiveness and growth in Ghana and beyond.
The mission of the Department is to provide an enviable training for positioning adaptable Secretaries and Administrators with specialisation in modern Secretaryship and Management Skill to meet the growing demands for professionals in both profit making and non-profit making organisations.
The objectives of the department are:
- To equip students with communication and social skills to enable them run a modern office smoothly
- To develop in students high level of secretarial skills to enable them perform major office task handle and adapt to major office tasks using information communication technology
- To inculcate in students, initiative and decision-making skills in office management and administration in business practice.
- To equip students with a working knowledge of quantitative techniques to enhance their understanding of computer based analysis of information.
- To provide students with a working knowledge and skills of office computers for the application of secretarial tasks.
- To educate students to understand and apply general principles of law in the context of everyday business activity and commercial practice.
- Help student set up their own business.
The mode of delivery of courses are through:
Presentation by students
Case study approach