The Faculty of Business and Management Studies is one the five (5) Faculties in the Koforidua Technical University. It was established in the 1997 academic year to run one programme; HND Accountancy. It now has six departments: Marketing, Liberal Studies, Secretaryship and Management, Accountancy, Procurement Supply Science and Professional Studies. These departments offer professional programmes like; Higher National Diploma (HND) and Bachelor of Technology (B-Tech) degree programmes in Marketing, Secretaryship and Management, Accountancy, Procurement Supply Science and Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) with options in various disciplines.
It is the largest Faculty in the University with over 4000 students. It has competent academic and administrative staff who perform their functions diligently to meet the objectives of the Faculty.
Dr. (Mrs) Regina Bekoe-Biney is the Dean of the Faculty. She holds a PhD in Business Administration.
To be an excellent hands-on, entrepreneurial training Faculty in Ghana and beyond.
The Faculty of Business and Management Studies is a center of excellence, providing high quality teaching and training, research and outreach in Business and allied disciples.
The Mission is accomplished primarily through instruction, simulation, and collaboration with industry and supported by applied research and services. The Faculty focuses on a curricula that facilitate professional career development in private and public sectors of the economy. The role of technology in decision-making is emphasized through the integration of information and communication technology (ICT). The Faculty is committed to being a national and regional leader in the preparation of students for viable career in business and industry.
The Faculty of Business and Management Studies is committed to the following core values;
- Integrity – to demonstrate professionalism in every undertaking.
- Innovation- constantly seeking creative ways of doing things better.
- Impact – bringing desirable change to the larger community.
- Professionalism- to exhibit good character without compromising
- Reliability – to be trusted and dependable.
- Teamwork – to work collectively to accomplish established objectives.
COURSES OFFERED IN THE FACULTY
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Marketing
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Procurement and Supply Science
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Accountancy
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Secretaryship and Management Studies
- Higher National Diploma (HND) – Marketing
- Higher National Diploma (HND) – Procurement and Supply Science
- Higher National Diploma (HND) – Accountancy
- Higher National Diploma (HND) – Secretaryship and Management
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Secretaryship and Management
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supply
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Banking &Finance
- Diploma in Statistics
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Event Management