Brief Background of the department
The department of Accountancy was established during the 1997 academic year. It is one of the pioneering departments of the Faculty of Business and Management in the Koforidua Polytechnic now Koforidua Technical University. The department has over the years produced accounting professionals in all spheres of the Ghanaian economy.
The Department is headed by Dr. Jamal Mohammed.
Training competent accounting graduates with the mandate to transform the financial and operational landscape of the local and international business environment.
Educating accounting students using appropriate instructional methodologies suitable for the world of work complemented by relevant industrial attachments.
To achieve its vision and mission, the department adheres to the core values of the University and of the Faculty of Business and Management Studies.
- Integrity– to uphold the highest standards and do the things right
- Professionalism– to exhibit good character without compromising
- Academic Freedom– to enhance students’ opinions and enhance students and student lecturer relationship.
- Creativity– to be proactive in providing solutions in challenging situations
- Teamwork – to admonish unity and collectiveness to achieve objectives.
Objectives of the Department
- To provide business accounting education to our students
- To provide a demand-driven business accounting education for the world of work
- To educate and train accounting professionals who will aspire to excellence in all spheres of the Ghanaian economy.
- Academic Programmes Offered
- Research and Conferences
The Department has initiated research groups among lecturers to embark on research that will address national needs.